Little known fact-- only the locals know, so won't find this in the history books-- but it was THE original Appalachian Trail.Sherman's great March to See - the greatest scenic hike in history!
Big Round Top is so enormous that they listed it on the map twice.
Grok insists this is June 8, 1862, at Cross Keys. In all fairness, I did request it add smoke signalsView attachment 553238
In my business (appellate litigation), just for s and giggles I occasionally experiment with it. It is frequently one third or half right - which is the equivalent of being half run over by a freight train.AI is good for programming/scripting but it still has bugs that you have to debug as you have to do for anything you have to rely on. The real advantage is that it gets the syntax/logic 95-100% correct for the most part and it is up to you to run tests on it which you have to do anyway for everything you write but it saves you a lot of time just getting most of that code put on the screen that you didn't have to copy and paste from a past program/script or type it in yourself.
But getting away from tech stuff into social areas it can go really crazy...and it seems no "debugging" can help and sometimes it will just plain fabricate something as if it's writing a novel for you hoping you will appreciate how good it looks and sounds even though it is a total lie. I pointed this out and its response was that I should have asked it for something "true" (I forgot the phrase I had to include). Now, I just assume everything it comes back is not accurate and go "debug" it by looking up every point that I can.
Crazy!Saw a post from Gary Edelman on using AI, and took up his challenge. I asked ChatGPT to draw me a map showing the major troops movements at the Battle of Gettysburg. This is what I got:
View attachment 553109
That's right, in fact if you look hard through the cracks you can just make out China on the other side! Wow this AI is good.Looks accurate to me. As we know, Cross Keys was one of Middle Earth's most significant battles.
LOL !Grok insists this is June 8, 1862, at Cross Keys. In all fairness, I did request it add smoke signalsView attachment 553238



In seriousness where did Longstreet and McLaws come from?Well, I think that the descendants of those "Dutchmen" in Howard's corps should sue for reparations. Of course, and on the other hand, if they ran based on this map they should be posthumously drummed out of the ranks. I'm impressed with Stonewall's boys, however. Blasted through the woods with no road and then across the "Rappanhaock" (probably the indigenous name) with no bridges. Ask it where Hooker got bonked.
Dare I request a map of White Oak Swamp/Glendale on June 30, 1862?
A minor detail. It's consistent with the fact that Lee outnumbered Hooker 2:1.In seriousness where did Longstreet and McLaws come from?
Hilarious!Sherman's great March to See - the greatest scenic hike in history!
The overall AI commentary herein is out of this world!A minor detail. It's consistent with the fact that Lee outnumbered Hooker 2:1.
First Battle of the Withered Heath.Looks accurate to me. As we know, Cross Keys was one of Middle Earth's most significant battles.
Use it for creating healthy menus for the week, and to break the meals down by serving size, measurements for two people. Actually does well.I use it all the time to provide suggested travel itineraries. And it does a good job. But obviously when it comes to maps it has some kind of bug.
Framing this in my office.View attachment 553222
It is hilariously bad when it comes to maps but it's also not very good in terms of information it once contradicted Wikipedia on the role of the navies at Baton Rouge and even told me it edit the Wikipedia page
If this was true, it'd be a whole other war!! Apparently the CSA states included New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois and Massachusetts!!! I wonder if they were conquered and flipped? Or just outright seceded?