Josh The Lighthouse Guy
Major
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2012
- Location
- Jupiter, FL
Sherman's great March to See - the greatest scenic hike in history!
My favorite part is "l mle".Saw a post from Gary Edelman on using AI, and took up his challenge. I asked ChatGPT to draw me a map showing the major troops movements at the Battle of Gettysburg. This is what I got:
View attachment 553109
I use it all the time to provide suggested travel itineraries. And it does a good job. But obviously when it comes to maps it has some kind of bug.I like ChatGPT. I've used it to answer some very convoluted Eastern European historical questions and the results satisfied me. Naturally you need to know about the subject matter you're asking about. ChatGPT presented it in a very logical, orderly fashion. ChatGPT is better than most other AI queries I've tried.
Yes it had a little bit of a problem with the Gettysburg requests in this thread. Overall, though, I'll stay with ChatGPT.
Well, I think that the descendants of those "Dutchmen" in Howard's corps should sue for reparations. Of course, and on the other hand, if they ran based on this map they should be posthumously drummed out of the ranks. I'm impressed with Stonewall's boys, however. Blasted through the woods with no road and then across the "Rappanhaock" (probably the indigenous name) with no bridges. Ask it where Hooker got bonked.I tried Chancellorsville, where Longstreet/McLaws moved to ᗡnago, Virginia, and pushed into Jackson's flank.
View attachment 553223
Just so long as you're not letting it program your GPS ...I use it all the time to provide suggested travel itineraries. And it does a good job. But obviously when it comes to maps it has some kind of bug.

Messed up?? That isnt harsh enough.Well, they messed up with LRT. On July Warren was actually looking for reinforcements to defend Малый Круглый Холм. I would be interested in knowing about Hottest Road, however.
Dude - it was just humor. There was a reference to "Russian" so - having abused myself by taking that in college - I used it. Assume that I have a very good feel for an accurate map of Gettysburg. It's virtually impossible for anybody interested in the Civil War not to have a map of that vastly over publicized battle seared into their subconscious.Messed up?? That isnt harsh enough.
Did you notice the Rebs are approaching Gettysburg from the East. It appears Pickets employed what is called "a double envelope butterfly" maneuver.
The Union on the West side of town are moving in circles and bumping into each other.




Is that a real result ?View attachment 553222
It is hilariously bad when it comes to maps but it's also not very good in terms of information it once contradicted Wikipedia on the role of the navies at Baton Rouge and even told me it edit the Wikipedia page




Don't ever let Garry Adelman know that you spelled his name that way.Saw a post from Gary Edelman on using AI,

Actually I've found stuff in the OR that is less intelligible than this ...Finally! Some love for the At Canahau Campaign! I've always found that one to be fascinating - an epic confrontation between Gideon Pillow and Dixon Miles. I wonder why no one has used all those sources in the OR Series V, Volume INXS to write a book yet…
I know that.Dude - it was just humor.
Ask and you shall receiveWell, I think that the descendants of those "Dutchmen" in Howard's corps should sue for reparations. Of course, and on the other hand, if they ran based on this map they should be posthumously drummed out of the ranks. I'm impressed with Stonewall's boys, however. Blasted through the woods with no road and then across the "Rappanhaock" (probably the indigenous name) with no bridges. Ask it where Hooker got bonked.
Dare I request a map of White Oak Swamp/Glendale on June 30, 1862?
But obviously when it comes to maps it has some kind of bug.
So that's why it's called the University of South Florida
Thanks. Now I realize that Lee was retreating to Malvern Hill and Franklin's VI Corps was trying to cut off the ANV's trains.

