Champion Hill

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

1stMN

First Sergeant
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
I'm back again for more advice...We might be heading towards Vicksburg instead of Nashville now. Thoughts on Champion Hill? I've never been there so I have no idea what is there by way of a auto tour, visitor center, etc. I'm guessing with its proximity to Vicksburg it is tied in with that, would that be accurate?

Thanks in advance, you all are the best!

alan polk

2nd Lieutenant
I'm back again for more advice...We might be heading towards Vicksburg instead of Nashville now. Thoughts on Champion Hill? I've never been there so I have no idea what is there by way of a auto tour, visitor center, etc. I'm guessing with its proximity to Vicksburg it is tied in with that, would that be accurate?

Thanks in advance, you all are the best!
There is no visitor center at Champion Hill, and most of the battlefield is on private property. One of The descendants of Sid Champion gives tours of the actual hill. I know @bdtex has that information if you want to go that route.

1stMN

First Sergeant
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
You all the best, thanks again for the pointers! I’ve been to Shiloh before, would love to return again but I’m trying to do a new place that I’ve not seen yet...yes, that means I haven’t been to Vicksburg yet. It’s awful that I haven’t yet, I know! Trying to fix that and maybe hit Champion Hill or whatever is available on public land :smile:

Will for sure share pics :smile:

redbob

Captain
You all the best, thanks again for the pointers! I’ve been to Shiloh before, would love to return again but I’m trying to do a new place that I’ve not seen yet...yes, that means I haven’t been to Vicksburg yet. It’s awful that I haven’t yet, I know! Trying to fix that and maybe hit Champion Hill or whatever is available on public land :smile:

Will for sure share pics :smile:
Stay hydrated, take bug spray and sunscreen.:D