Captured Flags

If they didn't have a replacement on hand I would imagine they went without one for awhile, maybe following that of another regiment in the brigade. Replacements seemed to have been issued out rather quickly though. I know that in the case of Confederate battle flags a batch of new flags was sometimes issued out to the entire brigade or division, so a regiment might retain an old flag as a replacement.
 
If they didn't have a replacement on hand I would imagine they went without one for awhile, maybe following that of another regiment in the brigade. Replacements seemed to have been issued out rather quickly though. I know that in the case of Confederate battle flags a batch of new flags was sometimes issued out to the entire brigade or division, so a regiment might retain an old flag as a replacement.
Where can that info be found ? I've been searching for any form of quartermaster records for the 14th NC and have found nothing
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top