Personally, I think living history photos make the best ones. Usually a candid photo of the character or reenactor will lend itself to be captioned well.
Do not submit era photos. I don't think it is appropriate to make fun of long deceased people, even if they were up to shenanigans.
So while you are out doing your Civil War activities, keep "caption this!" in mind while snapping photos!
@civilwartalk has made a shiny new forum for Caption This! Submissions. At this point I'd like to try to keep them all in one place. And maybe get my inbox back for personal use.
Start a new thread in this forum: https://civilwartalk.com/forums/submission-forum.213/
Please put "Caption This" in the title.
- Users submitting photos to the forum for this contest will retain full rights to their photographs, including ownership, but through the act of submission will also grant to the CivilWarTalk.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and display the submitted photos.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they possess the right to submit a photo.
- Photo must be taken by you, or you must be in the photo
- Make sure you have a thick skin, often the photos are sort of roasted.
- As always, CivilWarTalk reserves the right to delete any photos or content it deems as questionable or offensive.