C & C Sutler ???

I disagree with you a little. You're right on customer service, I've never heard a bad thing about C&C's customer service but their quality....... I won't put any of the vendors down, they serve a purpose and for those with a tight budget you do what you have to do and not putting that down either, I certainly don't have a bottomless bank account. BUT, I've seen over and over new guys buying not so good quality stuff. Then they quickly learn more and see the difference and want to try out some of the campaigner stuff and realize they spent good money on stuff that won't fly in a truly authentic event so now that have to go shopping again. I've said it over and over, buy good quality from the start, it's cheaper in the long run. One of my old units, the captain who was a great guy and good recruiter but let's just call him frugal, would direct new recruits to the C&C CS starter kit so they wouldn't get sticker shock and I do get that. But half our company ended up looking like a 60s Disney movie. We were an ANV unit and when they'd learn more and see the guys who worked hard on their impressions in good quality Richmond clothing and gear realized they had work to do. At least the ones who cared anyway. @celtblood are you shopping for new gear?
Actually I do agree with you, especially in the case of the Confederate impression. I think it's easier to get by for a longer period of time with a Federal starter kit than a Confederate. There are just so many doggone visible differences in Confederate uniform state to state and over the course of the war that a starter uniform just can't account for. Not being a Confederate reenactor, I'm gonna guess that if you did start with their gear you'd be supplementing it pretty quickly should you take an interest in participating in more history heavy events.
 
Which one is Robert Hodge, and which ones are supposed to be the bad uniforms? I'm honestly trying to figure this out, thanks for the help.
Tin Cup hasn't been here for 6.5 years.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top