Burnside Carbine Box?

FrankT

Private
Joined
Sep 21, 2024
Location
Illinois
Hello I am looking for some assistance. I have seen this identified as a Spencer and a Burnside box. I also had a question related to the straps being cut. I saw one example online that said it was a period modification. Curious as to this. The maker I am pretty confident is Dingee & Lorigan. Any insight to this box in general is appreciated. I am fairly confident it is legit , but if something jumps out at you please let me know. There is a star type mark on the back and I seem to remember that was an inspection stamp from the Army? TIA

IMG_9180.JPG


IMG_9178.jpeg


IMG_9183.jpeg


IMG_9181.jpeg


IMG_9182.jpeg
 
I don't have a precise measurement tool. But about 10/16 of an inch. I have a Burnside cartridge, and I just noticed the front holes are deeper than the rear holes.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top