Brass Knuckle pick up

tokashikibop

Private
Joined
Feb 6, 2018
Location
Jacksonville N.C.
A estate is being sold off here near where I live from a wealthy collector of a lot of different Americana. I bought this set from the middleman because I've never seen knuckles that looked that old. Doing a little google search on the objects brought me to the fact that knuckles were commonly used in the Civil War! Wow I never knew that! I'm thinking now the older sets may be CW period correct? The finger holes are smaller than modern man that is for certain.
Best regards,
Bob

0B86935F-38A1-4150-BED4-7DD0049A3DA7.jpeg


B56F405F-AF75-45F5-8A5F-085727EE7CA0.jpeg


DDB9CDD8-9365-48C3-B084-A586C1FDC4FA.jpeg
 
The bottom means ddle is newer. Matter of fact I see them at army navy stores when I'm back home. The other two I don't know about. The bottom one could be WW2 but it could be Vietnam or 1922.

Not trying to be a bummer. Just IMO.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top