Collection Battle Display

Ethan S.

First Sergeant
Below, is my battle display. Relics from the vicinity of major battlefields, and a few that were recovered before NPS protection in the 1800-1900s are on the shelf. The construction is boards haphazardly nailed together in random fashion, then techniques for model railroading were employed for covering the wood. As you can see, it looks like a natural...battlefield. I'll make a video on how to make one in the future. It's quite simple.

DSC_0318.jpg
DSC_0293.jpg

I'm always looking for more bullets, and canister shot from the battlefields, so if you have any for cheap, (I'm 16, and can't afford anything fancy) visit the link in my signature.

Yes, very nice! Did you find the US plate yourself? You've done a good job with everything. What about the bottles on the top shelf? Did you find those?
The green US boxplate was found in Manassas, and the brown one was found in Chancellorsville. The breastplate was dug in Manassas as well. I'd love to find a plate myself...

As for the bottles, they are my back bone. I buy, sell, and trade bottles. I've bought bottles, and traded them for metal detecting equipment, relics, etc. I've dug a few on that shelf, but not all. I'll post them in another thread if you'd like.

You just keep swinging that machine and you will find one.
I'm hoping...I'm really hoping...to find one within the month. I have some sites that I need to get permission from. One site I can see from my house! Early war Virginia and Ohio troops are the closest, followed by Morgans Raiders in a nearby town, a garrison in another town, Home Guards, more raiders, etc. etc. etc. Now If my mom and dad would ever take me to these places, we can get something going here! Perhaps I should be studying for my drivers test...

I am sure it is hard to look ahead twenty years and see all that can be accomplished. It sounds like you already have the knack for moving stock items, trading, selling, so forth. The biggest pitfall is attachment if you venture into that business world. Otherwise the private collection fascinates, and compliments your own perseverance to succeed. Keep it up.
Lubliner.

Back