Bannerman wall plaques

1867crete

Sergeant
I’ve always loved these Bannerman pieces. Man this guy was ahead of his time! How many pieces did he save, and how many did he butcher over the years? All in all I think he saved more then he destroyed? I picked a few up here and there, when the price is rite.... i especially like the marine shako insignias!

C4B11681-8919-4438-8458-4B69F6363450.jpeg

6530C15F-CC51-4AEF-B622-E1C9BCA363D0.jpeg

E2A2660C-39C9-44C1-8F5D-8B564BBC8744.jpeg

Please tell us where you have found these - flea markets, auctions, relic houses, yard sales? I’d never seen or heard about these before!
Bannerman Militaria sold surplus goods well into the 1970’s! If I’m not mistaken, they may have had a tent at the Gettysburg centennial celebration, selling surplus goods.

Here is one of my favorite Bannerman's pieces in my collection. Bannerman acquired all the stuff from the Atlanta arsenal after the war and among the items were the original molds for the "Atlanta" style CSA plate and made these reproductions. Having it in the original shipping make it very unique.
DSCN1827.JPG
DSCN1829.JPG
DSCN1830.JPG
DSCN1831.JPG
DSCN1832.JPG

Thank you for posting this so all of us could learn something. Sorry it did not turn out good for you.

He was an extremely generous man and gave me a beautiful Chilmark statue of Jeb Stuart.
As far as I know he lived alone with this dog, a beautiful English Cream Retriever named Bonny. He loved Bonny more than any human, so I hope she will find a new family.
I think this is how he would like to be remembered :
View attachment 395057
(I have blackened out his name because I had to promise to tell nobody his real name).

Rest in peace, Randy!
I found two at two different antique store / malls and the others were on line purchases. They are not rare by any means but sometimes can be difficult to find, at least at a price I’m willing to pay! The max i try to pay is the 40-50 range for these wall hangings. Goggle Bannerman surplus etc there is a lot of info on him and his business! Not sure what they are worth but I REALLY enjoy them!
Please tell us where you have found these - flea markets, auctions, relic houses, yard sales? I’d never seen or heard about these before!

Google Bannerman Castle for interesting reading! I have a booklet in my accumulation that tells a bit of the Bannerman history. Many CW artifacts and CW items that were never issued to the military, were sold by Bannerman to the film industry.

I much prefer to see artifacts on plaques like the OP showed.
EVERY time I watch a old John Wayne western or The red badge of courage. I always pause and look at the gear the actors are wearing!!! Those movies and films from the 40’s-60’s are almost certainly original period pieces! Crazy to think about!!

I’ve always loved these Bannerman pieces. Man this guy was ahead of his time! How many pieces did he save, and how many did he butcher over the years? All in all I think he saved more then he destroyed? I picked a few up here and there, when the price is rite.... i especially like the marine shako insignias!

View attachment 398337

View attachment 398338

View attachment 398339
I like these! I see that you were the lone bidder for the left two (shoulder scale & hat brass) on a recent online auction!

View attachment 398337

View attachment 398338

View attachment 398339
I have always liked these, though now have nowhere to put them, in fact when searching for them, came up one shy, the French shako badge is running around here somewhere........
IMG_4808 (2).JPG

I have always liked these, though now have nowhere to put them, in fact when searching for them, came up one shy, the French shako badge is running around here somewhere........View attachment 398502
Yes these are so neat! I have the same marine one you show! Top row middle. How many of these were sold?! Absolutely love them! I’m always on the look out!

I have always liked these, though now have nowhere to put them, in fact when searching for them, came up one shy, the French shako badge is running around here somewhere........View attachment 398502

I have a great idea for where you can put them...I have lots of empty wall space at my house. I am happy to help out with your (or anyone elses) space problems. :playfull:

Back