Axe Head

Larryh86GT

Captain
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Location
Near sunny Buffalo New York
I picked this hand forged axe head up at an estate sale. It was quite rusty. A white vinegar soak overnite and a little elbow grease and it came out really well.

1786238850639.webp

1786238802206.webp

1786238886905.webp
 
I think of that style as a carpenter's hatchet. I have nothing solid to base that on, except the head shape which is like one of mine known to be a carpenter's hatchet. Mine has a significant difference: A nail pulling notch cut into the underside of the blade. It's fun to find these old tools and if I owned yours I'd probably make a handle for it--whether or not I ever intended to use it.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top