Artillery chain?

RustyRelic

Private
Joined
Dec 24, 2022
I've had this for about a year. Found in an old settlement that had thousands of Sherman's troops had pasted through the vicinity. How can you tell if it's just a draft horse trace chain from farming or an artillery chain? The type of chain links? I hate I don't have the complete piece here.

IMG_7717.jpeg


IMG_7718.jpeg


IMG_7723.png
 
Last edited:
Interesting chain and its hard to say one way or the other as these type chains were common on the civilian side. One think that jumped out is the links are to thin and to long.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top