April 2019 PotM Winner Announced!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

1stMN

First Sergeant
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Thanks all!! The puppy in the picture is my dog Arwen, an English Springer. If anyone has ever owned one, you know how hyperactive and hyper vigilant they are...and also very curious. My husband and I popped out at Sallie's monument and my dog eyed her right away when we went over. It was a really sweet moment that I was thrilled to have captured. :smile:

LoyaltyOfDogs

First Sergeant
Thanks all!! The puppy in the picture is my dog Arwen, an English Springer. If anyone has ever owned one, you know how hyperactive and hyper vigilant they are...and also very curious. My husband and I popped out at Sallie's monument and my dog eyed her right away when we went over. It was a really sweet moment that I was thrilled to have captured. :smile:
Lovely photo, @1stMN, it certainly captures Arwen's enthusiasm and delight at meeting a fellow dog on the Battlefield. Congratulations!

LoyaltyOfDogs

First Sergeant
Nice picture! The dog on the memorial looks like my dog Gordon except that my dog's ears aren't docked.
Your Gordon must be a handsome fellow, @nc native, and he probably looks even more like Sallie than the photograph might suggest. From that angle, her ears do appear like they could be docked, but they actually were natural terrier ears. Here's a view that shows Sallie's ears in full.

1554138341598.png

Last edited:

1stMN

First Sergeant
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
It was so fun to have my dog on the battlefield with us. She was interested in all the things we stopped to look at, she even behaved really well (not that she is bad, just crazy) almost like she knew where she was. It was an amazing experience :smile:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)