Another reb Down...

Is it true that Confederates would pick up Springfields from dead Yanks because they were somewhat better that the Enfields they were issued?
Their was no difference apart from the sights the 1861 and P53 were virtually the same although the Enfield was better at range but were talking over 300 yards , I also understand the Enfield was easier to load due to the Cartridges they used although I'm no expert by any means.

Any gun salvaged in a battle or after a battle might be sold or given to the overall cause so I'm not surprised they picked them they were certainly cheaper than buying the Enfield's from Britain.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top