Andy Thomas

archieclement

Colonel
sketch of Jo Shelby by Andy, I'm too cheap to buy one of his prints........

IMG_0064_zpsroluorb7.jpg

Last edited:
I had never heard him, but was impressed with the sketch. I looked him up and WOW! Quite a talented fellow! Many time periods are reflected in his work, and I would encourage everyone to check out his website/store if you haven't already.
http://www.andythomas.com/

Thank you, I should have done that, feel remiss, several western battlefield visitor centers commissioned work from him for the centers, why theres multiple scenes from several of the same battle

I am tempted to buy the Guns of Vicksburg print, maybe its from growing up by the Mississippi

Last edited:
Hang on! Did you sketch this?! Because when I first saw it and then read your post, I took it to mean it was a sketch of Andy's!
no its a print of one of his sketches, but was cheaper then prints of his paintings, I was with a cw group that toured his studio while seeing Carthage, Newtonia and Wilsons Creek, Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove bg's, he was really interesting guy, was not long after he did the commissions for Pea Ridge

Last edited:
no its a print of one of his sketches, but was cheaper then prints of his paintings, I was with a cw group that toured his studio while seeing Carthage, Newtonia and Wilsons Creek, Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove bg's, he was really interesting guy, was not long after he did the commissions for Pea Ridge
Ah, got it! I was gonna say...you need to start selling your work. :D

Beautiful print indeed. Thank you for sharing both that and his name. I didn't know of him until this thread.

Thank you, I should have done that, feel remiss, several western battlefield visitor centers commissioned work from him for the centers, why theres multiple scenes from several of the same battle
IIRC, Pea Ridge and Wilson's Creek Battlefields were using his artwork as the covers for their brochures. His work appears very well researched.

The NPS used most,if not all,of his Stones River prints on the interpretive panels at Stones River NMP.

Back