95 Acres at 3 (Actually 4) Battlefields

Belfoured

Major
ABT needs donations to complete purchases at Mansfield, the Wilderness (second shot at this parcel) and First Deep Bottom. The last property also is part of the Glendale battlefield. For a minimum of $64 you also can get an excellent ECW volume on the Wilderness while they last. This is subject to an almost $9-$1 match.

I wish they would have helped purchase land at the battle of New Hope Church, GA several years ago after local people put it under contract hoping CWT/ABT would help.

I wish they would have helped purchase land at the battle of New Hope Church, GA several years ago after local people put it under contract hoping CWT/ABT would help.
True, but that was then and this is now. The donation and matching climate got better for them after a lot of work. They have had some stunning major victories in the last decade - such as Glendale and Perryville. Anybody who watched the Seven Days fields getting encroached on several years ago was ready to give up Glendale for dead.

I chipped in some for the 36 acre parcel west of Saunders Field and north of the turnpike at the Wilderness Battlefield. I hope they get this and perhaps later be able to acquire a matching parcel in this area but south of the turnpike. The area south of the turnpike and west of Saunders is where Brig Gen John M. Jones was killed - today, it is privately owned and posted.

ABT needs donations to complete purchases at Mansfield, the Wilderness (second shot at this parcel) and First Deep Bottom. The last property also is part of the Glendale battlefield. For a minimum of $64 you also can get an excellent ECW volume on the Wilderness while they last. This is subject to an almost $9-$1 match.
Is this donation something that can be given via the ABT website? Or a third party?

Back