Muzzleldrs .58 lorenz

1860man

Private
A little help please. My Lorenz shoots hi, 8in. At 50 about that at 100yds. With out cutting and in stalling a taller sight, it is a vantage gun. Thanks

If you do not want to physically change your sights you will just have to remember to "aim low" close in (50-100yds). There is another current thread titled that way that started out discussing this very thing. Check it out.

A little help please. My Lorenz shoots hi, 8in. At 50 about that at 100yds. With out cutting and in stalling a taller sight, it is a vantage gun. Thanks
A few issues that might be the cause.

IF the sights are original, they are in in Austrian military steps, not yards.
Using the correct Lorenz compression bullet and the correct charge. in the original caliber. If it was up rifled to 58cal, you are basically out of luck since the sights are not correct for the bullet you are using.

Also You might also be using the sights in the wrong way since they are not designed to be used like most modern shooters do.

Suggest you look in this translation of the Austrian manual.

Especially at page 8-9 +61 (book page, not PDF page)
It instruct how to do the aiming.

Note I have no personal experience with the Lorenz, just know that the way the sights are designed is different than how they usually are today. And that the weapons that was imported still had their original sights... but at best used a different 54cal bullet and often used a 58cal. (making it pretty hard for the soldiers to hit anything with it)

Back