2nd Florida Infantry

The 2nd and 3rd Fla. would have different uniforms. The 2nd spent the whole war in Virginia with the ANV and would have been primarily supplied by the Richmond Depot so a Richmond Depot jacket would be a good choice. The 3rd spent the war with the Army of Tennessee so a Columbus Depot jacket would be a good choice. I do believe that's what most of the guys in your unit wear. Florida did not have any clothing buearo or depot so there's nothing unique to Florida.
Got it thanks for the help, just curious but where you with the 2nd Florida at the battle in Narcoosee , St.cloud , Osceola county . I was in the 3rd at that battle I watched for so long and finally got to be in it.

What do you mean To CSA hasn't been here you mean like the reenacting units or individuals on this site ?
On this site. He hasn't been here since August 2017.

William B. Watson was living in Volusia County in 1860. He enlisted in the 2nd FL and became a Sergeant. He was severely wounded at Seven Pines. He didn't apparently lose any limbs and would live to 1910, but was probably rendered unfit for normal service for the rest of the war. He was subsequently transferred to Munnerlyn's 1st Florida Special Cavalry Battalion, the Cow Cavalry. He was captured at home in Enterprise by a Union river raid and was a POW at Fort Delaware.

I became aware of him because of his postwar activity. He married Hattie Brock of Enterprise, FL. Her father, Jacob Brock, ran the Brock House hotel there, and before and after the war operated the Brock Line of St. John's River steamers. Born in CT, Jacob was a staunch Confederate. He was captured and imprisoned for aiding the Confederate evacuation of Fernandina with one of his steamers.

Watson went on to be a major player in the postwar steamboat business on the St. Johns and later the Indian River too. He wasn't a boat captain or owner, but was a manager and agent for several of the states largest steamboat lines for decades.

Back