183rd Pennsylvania

To preface, I am not an expert on the 183rd PA, or really on the research of specific soldiers, but I've been looking into a PA regiment in the same brigade. I might be able to help.

As a side note, I'd recommend just asking the question rather than stating you have one
 
Henry C Gilbert joined Co A of the 183rd PA in 1864 and it looks like he was transferred to Co D in 1865. He was sent from Andersonville to Millen on November 11, 1864. I would like to confirm that he died on June 14, 1887 and is buried in Frankford, PA (findagrave # 145655679).
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top