Where is it Wednesday, Gettysburg?

MRB1863

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Identify this site. Where is it? What does it represent?
DSCF0753-001.JPG

The 150th New York and 1st Maryland Potomac Home Brigade (regiment) from Lockwood's brigade of the Twelfth Corps reached the Trostle buildings just before darkness descended on July 2 and reclaimed some guns of Bigelow's 9th Massachusetts.

Yep... 150th NY on the Trostle Farm!! Good work @reading48. I did the street view and was surprised to see "Monument on Culp's Hill" inscribed on the marker. So the regimental marker is on Culp's Hill? Is this why?? Was the regiment redeployed after the day 2 action here? Just curious.

Most of the
Yep... 150th NY on the Trostle Farm!! Good work @reading48. I did the street view and was surprised to see "Monument on Culp's Hill" inscribed on the marker. So the regimental marker is on Culp's Hill? Is this why?? Was the regiment redeployed after the day 2 action here? Just curious.
Most of the 12th Corps (with the exception of Greene's brigade) departed Culp's Hill just prior to the Confederate attack on the evening of July 2. Only Lockwood's brigade actually made it onto the battlefield on the left wing, although after Barksdale's men had retreated. Lockwood's men then returned to Culp's Hill and went into action on the morning of July 3 at different locations.

Attachments

• PeachOrchard2000.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Well done @reading48! —— It is claimed that General Meade personally led the action in which the 150th New York and the 1st Maryland Regiments retrieved the three guns that Bigelow’s 9th Mass. had been unable to bring into the Union lines.
It’s mentioned on the right side of the 1st Maryland monument on Culp’s Hill.
D6A0CCB4-0021-4BEA-83FE-DD49EC7C3113.jpeg

I don’t intend for these pictures to be so gigantic but I don’t know how to prevent that.

Back