W. P. Williamson

DaveBrt

1st Lieutenant
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Location
Charlotte, NC
On January 2, 1865, Lt. Col. Sims, QM in charge of RRs, requested W. P. Williamson to allow three mechanics to work on repairing a locomotive needed for the Piedmont RR. Under Williamson's name are the initials C. P. K. Can anyone identify Mr. Williamson or tell what the C. P. K. stands for (a business or government shop/office)?
 
Well William P. Williamson was the Chief Engineer of the Confederate Navy. I would assume the C.P.K. standings for something to do with that, maybe some sort of private contractor associated with him, or like you said, business or government shop/office. I'm not an expert on this sort of stuff, so I'll let the others do the talking.

I must remark, what a name the guy had. William Williamson :D
 
I'm assuming this is a handwritten document - if so, can you show it to us?

Page 58.jpg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top