Impressions Vendor recommendation

Ejrivet

Cadet
Hello all,

I need some help. I recently joined my local historical association, and each year the group does a cemetery walk with members portraying some of the town's residents. I've been asked to portray a lieutenant from the 23rd OVI who was killed at South Mountain. I have a great interest in this because I live in his widow's childhood home.

Anyway, here's my question. I've been looking into getting my kit together, and I'm stuck on a frock coat. I'd like to purchase something that is as historically accurate as possible, but I also don't want to (and can't afford to) spend several hundred dollars on an item that I'm only going to wear for two hours per year. Can anyone please recommend a vendor that I might check out? I've pieced together just about everything else from reputable sources, but I'm stumbling here.

Thanks for your help,
Eric

Wish I could help. Now if you were portraying CS Lt :D paging @major bill

I took a quick look around and the best price I saw for a Union frock was at the Blockade Runner, starting at 169.95, prices go up with larger sizes. Regimental Quartermaster starts at 230.50. Everyone else was 300+. Those are going to be on the budget quality but fine for what you are doing. The hand made frocks for the hard core authentic guys are twice that. I've bought things from both places and for the most part have been happy with them. There is a long thread in the reenactors forum on the vendors that may be of some help. You should also go around to all the civil war forums you can find that have a classified add section, you may be able to find a used one.

Back