Uniform Identification

JeffHendricks

Private
Joined
Oct 16, 2023
Location
Independence MO
I picked an album up that none are identified and only two have backstamps from Pennsylvania with tax stamps and they are women. I have done several image searches but to no avail. I am 99.99% sure they are not military. I am thinking maybe merchant or whaling captains. But wanted to make sure if there was a uniform for the military I have not seen before. See the pics below.


SCAN_20260511_0005.webp
SCAN_20260511_0023.webp
 
I would guess either firemen or militia uniforms. The darker areas of the uniforms might be red or yellow if they are not black.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top