Two quotes...

For some reason this made me think of Ben K. Green... nothing to do with the CW, but the author of Horse Tradin' and numerous other fantastic books knew horses like few others... don't mean to divert from Eric's great quotes and threads here, but does anyone else know Ben and his great books...?
View attachment 109197

A friend of my dad's and a horseman to the bone. I am fortunate to have several first editions, and my most treasured is "The Color of Horses."
 
A friend of my dad's and a horseman to the bone. I am fortunate to have several first editions, and my most treasured is "The Color of Horses."
That's awesome, I love his books and now have all of my dad's signed first & limited editions. Can't say my dad was "friends" with Ben, but my dad met him once and admired and collected his work. Color of Horses and Horse Conformation are indeed classics that show he really knew his stuff, but for reading pleasure nothing beats Horse Tradin', Wild Cow Tales, Last Trail Drive Through Dallas, The Village Horse Doctor, and my dad's favorite, The Shield Mares. My dad used to quote Ben and say a man is blessed if he has one horse like Beauty in his lifetime.
8232628_125923729386.jpg

Again my apologies to all for straying off topic, but Ben K. Green is worth a read if you haven't read him before. I highly recommend all of his books; in fact it's been so long since I've read one, I'm going to pick one out and make it my next read...
 
Last edited:

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top