Turkey briners?

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Joined
Apr 1, 1999
Location
West By God Virginia
Our families are busy with other activities, and I have a my first really big crochet event this weekend. I expect I will be really tired after this weekend.

So It looks like just a turkey breast, stuffing, gravy and carrots on my table this year.

But in the years that we have done a big dinner, I brined my turkey, using Alton Brown's brine recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe.html

anyone else brine their bird?
 
Alton ' s brine is a bit more complicated then mine as I use water, vinegar, kosher salt, and pickling spices.i do like his idea of adding cinnamon and cloves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ami
We generally bard ours with bacon, never brined one.

I have a friend who deep fries hers and it comes out delicious, but I'm terrified after seeing so many turkey/deep frier accidents.
 
We generally bard ours with bacon, never brined one.

I have a friend who deep fries hers and it comes out delicious, but I'm terrified after seeing so many turkey/deep frier accidents.
I have had deep fried turkey Ata friends house and it is very good and moist, but the only reason I do not fry a turkey is because it costs $40.00-$50.00 in oil.seems like a waste to me as you really can't use the oil again.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top