Three Double Action Revolvers

drm2m

Sergeant
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Location
Quebec
DSC09350_zps8lrtqmu1.jpg


DSC09357_zpsio2qxf7m.jpg


Descriptions from Robert Reilly's book in the order that they appear in the photos above.

Robert%20Reillys%20book_zpsvpfpvkbx.jpg


Starr%20Model%201858%20Percussion%20Army%20Revolver_zpsydwlikbw.jpg


Out%20of%20Robert%20Reillys%20book_zps9r9skl5j.jpg


Robert%20Reilly%201%20Save0206_zpskv38elzr.jpg

Cooper%20pg%202_zpsygavvlno.jpg
 
Thanks for your comments Mark A--- "The Cooper is a rare, (early) short barrel lug, short cylinder variant."
I had no idea. It is the last purchase of the three revolvers shown above---May 6 2017.
5 inch barrel--Serial number 403---Philadelphia barrel address.

DSC04986_zpsovfounqe.jpg


DSC04967_zps8q8eultc.jpg


DSC04974_zpsp9smhjsw.jpg


Barrel%20serial%20number%20403_zpsnbgrbyvb.jpg


DSC04955_zpsmmmuw8eq.jpg


Serial%20number%20403%20on%20butt%20strap_zps7j07ovkv.jpg


DSC04949_zpseexwh12m.jpg
 
Very Nice. I have always loved the lines of the Cooper. Thanks for sharing.
 
Mark A thanks for the clarification.
In Reilly's description above ----he says a serial number is stamped on all major parts except the loading lever in most instances.

It appears that the loading lever on my Cooper has # 403 stamped on the loading lever.
 
I own 3 Cooper revolvers and all have the serial number stamped on the loading lever. I have handled scores more of Coopers and they all also had the s/n on the loading lever. I've learned to never say never and to never say always when it comes to antique arms but I feel relatively safe saying that the Cooper loading levers are, more likely than not, numbered to each gun.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top