Not open for further replies.

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
Got to do some work after the flood and yankee buttons ain't going to get it so I had to dig out some of my CS dug buttons. If you see anything that strikes your fancy pm me for more photos and price. Got a few nice CS I's, a very nice CS A, a Georgia, North Carolina and Alabama AVC. I dug all these and know the locations of each except the AVC which was a Christmas gift from my Brother so don't tell him.
DSCN1114.JPG
DSCN1118.JPG

Looking at your button photos made me have a button question. hope don't mind me tacking it on here, but the Mo state seal "bears button" would it have been solely MSG\CSA or would Mo union forces have used it as well?

That's a great question as all the MO buttons were made by yankee companies so if its on a CS uniform or found in a CS camp its CS if not its Union.

You know I want a block I and the GA seal button is intriguing as well. PM me please.

That's a great question as all the MO buttons were made by yankee companies so if its on a CS uniform or found in a CS camp its CS if not its Union.
Yeah I have the impression they were pre war MVM buttons, but whether the Union continued to purchase/use them during the war, didn't know

Yeah I have the impression they were pre war MVM buttons, but whether the Union continued to purchase/use them during the war, didn't know

One of the strange things about MO buttons is that they are all high dome staff officers buttons.
1552427699182.png

1552427724092.png

1552427769309.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back