Spirit sensitivity

archieclement

Colonel
I remember watching a show long time ago that a medium claimed those with near death experiences are supposed to be more sensitive to the "other side" or "in-between"

After my heart attack and respiratory arrest in 2012, I always think of it when visiting battlefields or alleged haunted sites.......but so far have experienced nothing unusual

I remember watching a show long time ago that a medium claimed those with near death experiences are supposed to be more sensitive to the "other side" or "in-between"

After my heart attack and respiratory arrest in 2012, I always think of it when visiting battlefields or alleged haunted sites.......but so far have experienced nothing unusual
Glad you are still with us. What an awful experience. I don’t know about being sensitive because of a near death experience. Maybe the places you visited aren’t very “active”? Assuming that you accept the idea of energy residing in certain places, that are the echos of things past.

You either got the ability or you don't. My wife has a limited ability that supposedly come down from a Great GrandMother who was half Indian. One very cold morning, we were asleep and she woke me up saying that she had a vision that our neighbor was somewhere soaking wet trying to lit a gas heater to get warm. We were disturbed but the sun had come up barely with the temperature about 30 degrees. We thought briefly to phone him but we felt it would prove us the joke of the community if it was just a silly dream. That evening we were shocked to learn that neighbor had chilled to dead at daybreak that very moment of my wife's vision while having fell overboard duck hunting in very deep cold waters. Even if they had phoned his wife it proved too late as she did not know exactly where he was on the waters. I believe in Lincoln and his wife visions to some degree. I added that to make it all related to the Civil War!

I've never been able to figure out whether it's a matter of someone being sensitive to this stuff of ghosts deciding who to pick on. Those things haunted the bejammers out of me, living in an ancient old house in the UK- and if anyone thinks I went looking for them please think again. Would have paid them to go away but ghosts don't take checks. Girl in the next room? Nothing and in fact annoyingly, loudly claimed there was no such thing as ghosts.

If I'd been a ghost SHE'S the one I'd have targeted. I was convinced, they could have left me alone.

I believe the human brain is capable of thing we still don't understand, so I remain open minded. JPKHudson may know where I'm talking about, when we visited Avebury in Wiltshire, we naturally went to the stone circle and Silbury Hill. I would not, indeed could not, stay in the circle, a reaction I've never had anywhere else, and I can't explain it except that it felt as if something didn't want me there. Silbury Hill is just "weird".

When we were in the UK on one of our visits, we were in York and visited (during the day) a decommissioned church in York. I may be misremembering but I thought it was St. Margarets. Anyway, we went in and sat down in a pew to look at the stained glass and read all the inscriptions, etc. Much llike your experience @rebelatsea, my husband who isn't sensitive at all, but I am, started to get antsy. I didn't say anything to him but I was feeling the most malacious feeling of not only not being wanted in there but being hated because we were alive. Suddenly my husband said, we need to get out of here! I was surprised, because I wasn't afraid of the feeling - they are dead after all, but I was well-aware the place was more than haunted! And it was a beautiful sunny day, but the feeling in there was of a gray stormy day and beyond icy cold. Walking back into the sun was almost magical in itself after coming out of that haunted building.

You either got the ability or you don't. My wife has a limited ability that supposedly come down from a Great GrandMother who was half Indian. One very cold morning, we were asleep and she woke me up saying that she had a vision that our neighbor was somewhere soaking wet trying to lit a gas heater to get warm. We were disturbed but the sun had come up barely with the temperature about 30 degrees. We thought briefly to phone him but we felt it would prove us the joke of the community if it was just a silly dream. That evening we were shocked to learn that neighbor had chilled to dead at daybreak that very moment of my wife's vision while having fell overboard duck hunting in very deep cold waters. Even if they had phoned his wife it proved too late as she did not know exactly where he was on the waters. I believe in Lincoln and his wife visions to some degree. I added that to make it all related to the Civil War!
I have vivid dreams, but some of my medical stuff has me waking up often, but so far not prophetic, though I could get swamped by naked sexy women any day I reckon:bounce:

My mother moved, when she was 4, from one town to another in NH. She moved from a nice old Colonial to a frightfully haunted one that was built in the mid 1700s. I went to school with the kids who lived there. My mother and her brothers all lived there, pre-electricity. There were tombstones in the attic and the old, heavy artificial limbs in closets. The old fellow who had lived there and died there had spent his time slowly dying from diabetes and amputations. He also spent his time doing conjurings. Every family that lived there before and after (including the family I went to school with) had freak tragedies. My mother hated the place the entire time growing up and always felt it was haunted but never saw any ghosts but felt there was an evil spirit there. This was one of these HUGE rambling places with the barn attached through multiple outbuildings to the house.

One night in June in 1972, the barn caught fire and spread quickly to the house. My father and I were coming back on the highway in the evening and first we thought it was a red summer sunset and then realized it had to be a fire and it was that place. All that was left standing was the front wall of the house. A few weeks after the fire, my mother heard that the dozers were coming in to knock the whole thing down. She wanted to get the hydrangae bushes her mother planted at the front door years ago. So she and I went up. Beautiful summer evening. She put the front tires on the property and all I can say is, we were like on the movie set of the Exorcist. And I'm not exaggerating. She backed the car off into the road - beautiful summer night. She moved the front of the car back onto the property and our hair was standing straight up and the atmosphere outside was swirling in evil and we were back in the Exorcist. She suddenly said, "forget the plants."

Now, my mother was a real, old-time Yankee lady so that means incredibly determined. I was amazed (but incredibly grateful:D) she gave up and didn't make me get out of the car! We talked about that incident for YEARS. That had granite steps as salvage before that was a thing to have and she said she wouldn't even have a pebble from that place after that incident.

I know live in a 1774 house she and my father bought. But when she bought it (it needed total restoration), she bought it from another old Yankee lady. I asked my mother if it was haunted and she said she asked Mrs. Holt if "the house was nice" (code for haunted) and she said Mrs. Holt assured her the house "was very nice." I've lived here for many years and while I've never felt a singular spirit per se, I've felt this is such a happy house. I've had two, total strangers come in and suddenly remark, "this is such a healing house." So who knows?

archieclement

In a younger time of my life, I dabbled in marijuana smoking. While deer hunting I found an old Indian burial center. I did some research and it was already known (dated 900 AD) and was a very small enclosure ring with a burial mound in the middle. It showed signs of looting holes dug into it by grave robbers. It occurred to me the excellent idea of going back and with just me and my marijuana to attempt to communicate with hopefully a wise Indian spirit maybe a Medicine Man of that tribe. I returned and got in my Indian sitting posture and commenced to toke on the Weed. I also did somewhat a mediation trance as I was getting quite stoned. No old wise Indian spirit appeared in a vision as hope for with assistance of the Weed. However I did get an unexpected cold slow movement of air upon my entire body and a very hostile vibe/feeling that I was not wanted and to leave. The sun was just going down and the light was dimming. I jumped up grab the bag of weed and flee the scene never to return.

Back