Southern Confederacy Button

13thKyCav

Private
Joined
Dec 27, 2024
Hello all, I first saw this button a number of years ago but really haven't found much information on it. Only that it was early war, probably locally made & possibly from Texas. A central star with 'Southern' on top & 'Confederacy' on bottom. I tried to post a pic but it didn't seem to attach. I was hoping that someone here could shed a little light on it. Thanks in advance.
 
Southern Confederacy button.webp
 
I did find a more recent listing for one for sale, this is a dug version with a slightly different back. The listing calls it a TX29 & says that there are some researchers who also think it was used by Tennessee officers as this was considered a staff button.
Southern Confederacy button dug.webp
 
"Confederate buttons" are known on officers in 62 in the AOM from auctions held in regiments from officers killed. So I have been curious on what they may have been. Thank you for sharing none the less!
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top