Someone Smiling Down on Me?

Discipulus

Sergeant
Joined
Mar 30, 2015
Location
DuPage Cnty, IL
Out of all my ancestors, the one I am most proud of is my gg-uncle Capt. Harvey J. Dutton (1836-1928). He is the brother of my gg-grandmother Louisa (Dutton) Walker. He was good and honorable, he was loved by his family and admired by his peers. I was just lamenting how I didn't have a carte de visite of him, all I had was the copy you see in my avatar.

So a couple nights ago, I was researching "33rd Illinois Regiment" and came upon a collection of Civil War pictures that sold at an auction house in 2019. I went one-by-one through all the pictures and found this picture of him! It really was like he was looking down and smiling for me.

HarveyDuttonCDVjpeg.jpg


You can read more about him here -- http://werearewillbefamily.blogspot.com/search/label/Civil War
 
Last edited:

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top