Robert E. Lee Miniature Painting

Texastoast

Cadet
Joined
Dec 21, 2023
Merry Christmas, y'all! This is my first post and I have a question.
I have this miniature painting of Robert E. Lee. It looks like it's painted on a very, very thin piece of ivory. I don't see any markings other than "Germany " printed on the back.

I'm not sure the age of this piece but maybe the word Germany is a clue. I'm assume it was a piece of ivory cut for export. But I'm not sure.

I'd like to know the value of this piece and any information anyone might have about it.

Thanks!

IMG_3894.jpeg


IMG_3896.jpeg


IMG_3893.jpeg
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top