Rest in Peace, Wallyfish

View attachment 367544
When the question "what draws you to Gettysburg" was recently asked, Wally responded: "Historical reverence, post battle history, landscape, battle decisions and shear beauty." This is the last photo Wally shared with us. Ill never visit the Gettysburg battlefield again without seeking out this marker in remembrance of Wally. Neil Avenue - "Right of the Infantry of the Army of the Potomac" And when we meet again one day in heaven, I'll seek out the "Right of the Infantry" where I know I will find Wally waiting. Wallyfish you will be missed. Rest in Peace my friend.

Last I talked to him in private was July 6. Earlier he had asked me ways to access Neill Ave. We were supposed to meet up someday. I'm heartbroken

I never had the chance to meet Wally in person, but he and I chatted here regularly, usually about something to do with Gettysburg. I know he felt strongly about the battlefield, and loved to be there. He told me not too long ago that he had had a sad diagnosis, and we spent some time time talking about how his love of Gettysburg and the Civil War gave him a sense of calm. He knew way more about Gettysburg than he let on, yet was constantly learning more. CWT was made better because of his knowledge and passion.

Simply put, I will miss him, but I know I will “see” him the next time I am on the battlefield. Godspeed, Wally. 😥
😪

I'm shocked.
Wally has been a great friend here - I'm at a loss of words, I have been absolutely sure we would see him again playing Trivia with us in September.
My thoughts and prayers to his wife, who he loved a LOT. He repeatedly told me how much he loved and cherished her....
What a terrible, terrible year this 2020 is! It takes so much from us...
Farewell, Wally, you left your mark in our hearts!:bye:😪
😥

Wallyfish was one of our best and most loyal trivia game players. Calculating his percentage of correct answers over the years would be more of a job than I'd want to undertake, but that percentage could well be higher than anybody else's who's played the game.

It sure bugged the dickens out of him when he got one wrong, though.

Rest well, Wallyfish. We enjoyed having you with us all these years. You'll be missed.

Calculating his percentage of correct answers over the years would be more of a job than I'd want to undertake, but that percentage could well be higher than anybody else's who's played the game.

It sure bugged the dickens out of him when he got one wrong, though.
Absolutely!
His big goal had been to win 12 months in a row, a whole year. That's why he did not take a wrong reply well. He did come very, very close, but did not make it. From September on he wanted to try it again. Well, where he is now, he sure has perfect scores...

Back