Discussion Repeaters Versus Muzzleloaders

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Rhea Cole

First Sergeant
Okay, sure. And what you said was that the most common thing removed from wounds was teeth/bone fragments.

You can't just show an anecdote that sometimes this happened. I've shown you an anecdote that sometimes the Spencer jammed so thoroughly it had to be completely disassembled to fix it, but I haven't gone from there to assert that this was the most common thing to happen to the Spencer.

I'm sure you don't see the need. But the fact remains that if you claim that teeth/bone fragments were the most common thing, you should provide a citation to the effect that they were the most common thing - not just that it sometimes happened.

Of course, I would be quite willing to accept it if shown - certainly a bullet that broke bone might mean the wound would need a few pieces of bone extracted as well as the singular bullet. But you have a very bad habit of asserting numerical statements ("most common") and providing anecdotal evidence ("it happened once").
Apparently, you do not accept that I am an honest person, so perhaps you should avoid my posts in the future.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!