Reenactor Insurance

witherse2

Cadet
Hi all.....just joined this website today.....i am treasurer for the 2nd Rhoad Island Volunteers. We are trying to cut costs, so i am trying to understand what insurance, if any, is required for a group to participate in a reenactment......any help is much appreciated....Ellison

Depends on the event, some require it some don't. In Florida many of the units don't carry insurance at all, the events carry it, but I know when I go up north they all do. Oh and welcome to the Forum from South Florida and the Reenactors Forum. I know some 2nd RI guys if you're part of the New England bunch. I'm a member of the 12th Georgia in New England, I'm up there in the summer, about to be full time.

The 12th Georgia members are insured under our umbrella organization, the ANV, my Florida group you're on your own. There are options for individual reenactor insurance, I know a few guys that have it, but I don't know with what company. I'd have to ask.

Depends on the event, some require it some don't. In Florida many of the units don't carry insurance at all, the events carry it, but I know when I go up north they all do. Oh and welcome to the Forum from South Florida and the Reenactors Forum. I know some 2nd RI guys if you're part of the New England bunch. I'm a member of the 12th Georgia in New England, I'm up there in the summer, about to be full time.
thank you.....i contacted Cedar Creek and they cover insurance.....we are based in the Wash DC area....do reenactments in the VA, PA states mainly

thank you.....i contacted Cedar Creek and they cover insurance.....we are based in the Wash DC area....do reenactments in the VA, PA states mainly
Excellent, if Cedar Creek goes on this year I'll probably be there, maybe we'll cross paths. There's a 2nd RI group up in New England that I know some of the guys. I do events in Florida in the winter and Northeast in the summer along with a national event or two every year.

Back