Restricted Rebels

Tin cup

Captain
I would have been ones of those "rebels" or confederates back then. I have no objection to it. It is what we were doing back then after all, unless we want to start talking all about the legality of it all... I'm not up for all that lawyer speak right now, I'd rather do bayonet practice. :D
So...who is "we"? :whistling:

Kevin Dally

Philip Leigh

formerly Harvey Johnson
When modern day authors and lecturers refer to the southern army as "rebels" versus let's say Confederates, do any southerners take any offense to this? 1) It presupposes the Federal government was correct and 2) "rebels" can have negative connotations. Was just curious if southerners mildly object, or view it as a badge of honor or its really a nothing issue that I'm making up in my head.

Rebels are cool.

The expression “in like Flynn” is older than most everyone who reads this post. It refers to the cachet of film actor Errol Flynn who was a star from 1935 to 1952. His signature roles were characters with a bit of the rascal in them. Examples are in the movies Gentlemen Jim and Robin Hood in which his characters persistently defy social convention. In short, he deliberately affected the persona of a rebel . . . and the women loved it.

Marlon Brando followed Flynn in his breakthrough role as a motorcycle gang leader in The Wild One. It vaulted him into stardom. He would return to rebel roles in films such as One Eyed Jacks and The Chase. James Dean emerged in the wake of Brando as the “bad” twin in East of Eden and a troubled delinquent in Rebel Without a Cause. After Dean, Elvis Presley occupied center stage. The iconic rock & roller was followed by Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, and Warren Beatty with leading roles in Hud, The Hustler, The Cincinnati Kid, Bullitt, Bonnie & Clyde, and Splendor in the Grass. All played rebels and all got the girl.

continued in link below. . .