NF Quo Vadis, Hafendorfer?

Non-Fiction

OldReliable1862

First Sergeant
The late Kenneth A. Hafendorfer self-published a number of books on the war in Kentucky through his own KH Press. These include an massive work on Mill Springs and even larger 2-volume work on the Perryville campaign. Unfortunately, with his passing, his books have fallen out of print. I want to know: are any of you also interested in seeing Mr. Hafendorfer's works return?

The late Kenneth A. Hafendorfer self-published a number of books on the war in Kentucky through his own KH Press. These include an massive work on Mill Springs and even larger 2-volume work on the Perryville campaign. Unfortunately, with his passing, his books have fallen out of print. I want to know: are any of you also interested in seeing Mr. Hafendorfer's works return?
That sounds interesting. I have always wanted to read a good account of Perryville.

When I made this topic a year ago, the idea of bringing back Dr. Hafendorfer's books seemed like a pipe dream. However, the news that Ed Bearss' Vicksburg trilogy will be reprinted has me just a wee bit hopeful that this might just happen.

I think if we can get enough interest going in this, we might just get Savas Beatie to look into KH Press' library. What say you guys?

I think it is a good idea. But I know nothing of cost and retail for coverage. Historically it is sound, but economically? Does the current market justify a republication?
Lubliner.
I know nothing more than you on publishing, but Savas Beatie knows that people will buy a three-volume set on Chickamauga, among other Western theater topics. It is not unlikely that the same people who buy books on Chickamauga will do the same for Perryville.

Back