Pup tent pole measurement?

Does anyone know the best way to get the measurements for the poles for a pup tent? Or do U have measurements on hand? I set it up where the tent made 45degrees in each corner and ridge and measured it. Just wanted to make sure that's correct.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
I'm pretty sure that tent poles for shelter halves were not issued. Poles were cut from available timber, or, on occasion, two muskets with bayonets affixed were driven into the ground and the tent ridge held in place by the hammers.

I'm pretty sure that tent poles for shelter halves were not issued. Poles were cut from available timber, or, on occasion, two muskets with bayonets affixed were driven into the ground and the tent ridge held in place by the hammers.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the rifle info. But I was wanting measurements where I could cut from timbers in the woods. Instead of going back and forth on size.

Well, considering poles were created for the original tent d' abri at a height of 3'8", you might want to use that height.

With a pole height of 44" and a shelter half length of 66", Pythagoras would say that the floor on one side of the shelter half would be about 49.2" That's more than four feet. Button two together and you've got eight feet of shelter in one direction (length) and roughly five and a half the other direction (width).

Next, do your feet stick out of a pair of halves when lie down for the night? Maybe you're sleeping in the wrong direction. Sleep with your feet touching one side of the canvas and your head at the other side of the canvas rather than feet or head or both outside the shelter. Plenty of room for two people to sleep comfortably.

- S.S. Mucket