ENDED please remove

Trader history (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a totally misleading sale by seller!!! Emailed him back and forth. Seller told me it was functional with uncracked stock and a good bore. Pictures weren’t even of same gun. I did get a 1863, though looks to have been stored uncleaned, and after that used as a hammer, then stored in a swamp for 100 years. Wow, this thing someone decided to try to open action with a torch, yes it’s this froze up. The whole falling block area had that it’s been heated to red hot look about it. Still-locked shut!
Then the stock, completely cracked in two, happened a long time ago patched with a copper foil . And that’s even broke.

First off this is not buyers remorse, second this person sold it as a working not relic . But the pictures were of a completely different gun. Secondly the questions were answered by seller totally dishonestly. Lucky to be worth anything at all.

Have contacted him about returning it and if paid by paypal you have recourse.

Here’s the full return address.

Some of you have inquired with me about it.

personal information removed. a personal mailing address was posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry indeed. I might have been the first to reply to this as, but wanted plenty of photos. Guy stated he had Parkinson's and couldn't take good photos, but he stated his son (in law?) would be able to send photos. Oddly though, he did send me photos of the serial on the tang and on the underside of the barrel, showing matching 65xxx numbers. I'll post them after I find them in my email from him.

"tang and barrel are matching so I guess that's all matching

My son will be here next week I can get him to take some more pics sorry I have Parkinson's and don't take a very good picture. I see if I can find any more on my computer"

Emails from [email protected] and billyandb[email protected]

Can't find the photos. Have a later thread but not the original with the photos. After he replied, he sold it next day. I was ****** and must have deleted it and cleared my trash folder. Bill mentioned a Mabry(?) Springfield trapdoor and a few others that might be for sale. Good luck (Burlington?). Eric in Slinger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back