• Welcome to CivilWarTalk, a forum about the American Civil War! - Join today! It's fast, simple, and FREE!
  • The Event Wire - Information
    ► This Forum is for Posting Civil War Event Information
    ► Events Could Include: Reenactments, Living Histories,
        Round Tables, Battlewalks, Shows, Lectures & More
    ► Post Advance Schedules Up to 1 Year in Advance
    ► Also: Post Your Event Photos, Reviews, & Wrap-Ups
    Please Keep Reenactment Discussions in Proper Forum!

Ocklawaha River Raid, Ocala Fl. Nov. 1-3

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

captaindrew

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I was there this weekend! Showed up around 9:30pm Friday evening. Had a blast!
It is a nice event. Nice turnout of reenactors. It's a shame they don't ever draw more spectators there. I'm sure falling on the same afternoon as the Florida/Georgia game doesn't help. That's Gator country. Waiting for my other half to give me some photos to post.

LoisPauline

Private
It is a nice event. Nice turnout of reenactors. It's a shame they don't ever draw more spectators there. I'm sure falling on the same afternoon as the Florida/Georgia game doesn't help. That's Gator country. Waiting for my other half to give me some photos to post.
We had a great time. Didn’t realize that about the game. I wonder if Lt. Col. Kohl realized that. We belong to his battalion and were the hosts. Maybe I can put a buzz in his ear to check game schedules next year. Haha!

captaindrew

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
We had a great time. Didn’t realize that about the game. I wonder if Lt. Col. Kohl realized that. We belong to his battalion and were the hosts. Maybe I can put a buzz in his ear to check game schedules next year. Haha!
I think it's fallen on the same time the last few years, there's only so many open weekends though once the season gets going.