Need good reliable figures

Samuel.Sohm

First Sergeant
Joined
Sep 7, 2011
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
I am trying to find good, solid figures on the internet that I can use in a computer class assignment. I would like to find any of the following and I have been looking for about an hour with only dubious sources. I am hoping one of our source wizards here can help me out. Here is what I would like to find:
(Need numbers of North vs. South)
Firearms manufactured
Pounds of powder manufactured
Locomotives built
populations(slaves vs. free)
anything else you can find that compares N and S.

Thanks all!
 
All manner of population data is available here:

http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu/

You can drill down to the county level -- slave v. free, men v. women, age breakdowns, all sorts of stuff. You can also copy and paste the generated tables into a spreadsheet like Excel.

In my county in 1860, Methodist churches owned $12,500 worth of property. Good to know!
 
All manner of population data is available here:

http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu/

You can drill down to the county level -- slave v. free, men v. women, age breakdowns, all sorts of stuff. You can also copy and paste the generated tables into a spreadsheet like Excel.

In my county in 1860, Methodist churches owned $12,500 worth of property. Good to know!
Great stuff, thanks Andy
 
Rails to Oblivion - US Army Combined Arms Center and Fort ...

usacac.army.mil/cac2/cgsc/carl/download/csipubs/gabel6.pdf‎
by CR Gabel - Cited by 1 - Related articles

Rails to Oblivion: The Battle of Confederate. Railroads in the Civil War by. Dr. Christopher R. Gabel. U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Press.
This will probably tell you all you need to know about Southern Railroads - and northern. In 1860 the South built 19 locomotives vs 400 plus in the north....
From 1860 the south built 0 locomotives, vs the North.....
Anybody who talks about Southern Industry is an ignoramus.
 
I live just south of downtown Colorado Springs, which is a considerable distance from any of the fires. Last years was probably closer than this years are, but I am in no danger. There are many people who are affected though unfortunately.
Good to hear. Was a touch worried.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top