Collection My recent acquisitions

NH Civil War Gal

Captain
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
I don't know why the pictures loaded this way. But, because I needed to do my part to keep the economy rolling I did a little online buying.
I bought a sweet little ivory notebook that fans out to six pages because you normally wouldn't be writing on the Sabbath Day. It has some very faint writing
in it. The first screen has 1862 on it, the rest is very difficult to read. It is thought that it belonged to an officer to take notes on.

The second is a broken spur from the South Cavalry Field at Gettysburg. Finding a complete and whole set of spurs from Gettysburg is out of my
range right now, but this one seems legitimately documented and I'm happy with it. I can only imagine the agony of fighting that would go into
a spur breaking, having worn spurs myself.

IMG_5011.JPG
IMG_5008.JPG

This is the ivory notebook unfolded and you can see some of the writing. I'm not into collecting heel plates but this was a dug artifact
and I've never seen one in a heart shape before. I took it out of the box and it is actually quite small and very thin and worn.

IMG_5009.JPG
IMG_5007.JPG

This is a type of thing I've always thought cool and wanted. This is from the battle at Bentonville, NC. The bullet is NOT glued in.
I don't think it is a branch but believe it is a railing or a piece from a house. The bullet is so embedded and smooshed in that
the type of bullet can't be made out, at least I and the dealer can't make it out. This bullet saw the end of the war on the east coast.

IMG_5010.JPG

I don't know why the pictures loaded this way. But, because I needed to do my part to keep the economy rolling I did a little online buying.
I bought a sweet little ivory notebook that fans out to six pages because you normally wouldn't be writing on the Sabbath Day. It has some very faint writing
in it. The first screen has 1862 on it, the rest is very difficult to read. It is thought that it belonged to an officer to take notes on.

The second is a broken spur from the South Cavalry Field at Gettysburg. Finding a complete and whole set of spurs from Gettysburg is out of my
range right now, but this one seems legitimately documented and I'm happy with it. I can only imagine the agony of fighting that would go into
a spur breaking, having worn spurs myself.

View attachment 355201View attachment 355202
This is the ivory notebook unfolded and you can see some of the writing. I'm not into collecting heel plates but this was a dug artifact
and I've never seen one in a heart shape before. I took it out of the box and it is actually quite small and very thin and worn.

View attachment 355203View attachment 355204
This is a type of thing I've always thought cool and wanted. This is from the battle at Bentonville, NC. The bullet is NOT glued in.
I don't think it is a branch but believe it is a railing or a piece from a house. The bullet is so embedded and smooshed in that
the type of bullet can't be made out, at least I and the dealer can't make it out. This bullet saw the end of the war on the east coast.

View attachment 355205
Cool artifacts !

Today, (out of quarantine boredom) I cleaned my 12 pound Bormann fuse round (cannon ball) from Shiloh.

Along with a few dropped bullets from Forrest's Cavalry at Brice's Crossroads.

Those are some nice pieces. Love the bullet in the wood and the heart shape heel plate is a very nice piece. If you could post some closer photos of the bullet we will see if we can ID it.

Those are some nice pieces. Love the bullet in the wood and the heart shape heel plate is a very nice piece. If you could post some closer photos of the bullet we will see if we can ID it.

Is the heel plate a CSA or Federal piece?

Back