More Tintypes: Post War Or ????

Peter Stines

Sergeant
Here are a few more tintypes. I suspect these are post war but maybe not. I especially like the chap wearing the overcoat and holding a cigar. Wish I knew who he was. The ladies are also quite interesting. Maybe there are some ideas for hairstyles and clothing for those who do old west era. These may be some of the Walsh or Walker family. The Walsh bunch immigrated from Ireland in 1845 to Buffalo NY. So I'll start checking to see if any served in NY units. Robert Walsh was a court stenographer during the trial of President McKinley's assassin.

Family Picture 1 001.jpg

Family 5 001.jpg

Family 3 001.jpg

Family 2 001.jpg

Family 2 001.jpg

001.jpg

Family 3 001.jpg

Family 5 001.jpg

Family Picture 1 001.jpg

Here are a few more tintypes. I suspect these are post war but maybe not. I especially like the chap wearing the overcoat and holding a cigar. Wish I knew who he was. The ladies are also quite interesting. Maybe there are some ideas for hairstyles and clothing for those who do old west era. These may be some of the Walsh or Walker family. The Walsh bunch immigrated from Ireland in 1845 to Buffalo NY. So I'll start checking to see if any served in NY units. Robert Walsh was a court stenographer during the trial of President McKinley's assassin.

View attachment 325320

View attachment 325321

View attachment 325322

View attachment 325323

View attachment 325325

View attachment 325326

View attachment 325327

View attachment 325329

View attachment 325331
I've seen the last woman somewhere. I'm from Buffalo originally, so she might be in one of my books. Reminds me of one of a group of sisters famous for having long hair.

Back