Meme Winner Week 48

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Joined
Apr 1, 1999
Location
West By God Virginia
48.jpg


caption credit goes to @danny & @eBrowne
 
View attachment 386130

caption credit goes to @danny & @eBrowne
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't get the meme. The first thing that I thought of was Golden Corral.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95
 
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't get the meme. The first thing that I thought of was Golden Corral.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95
You're not ignorant, @5150. It's a pun based on the name of a restaurant at Gettysburg. One of the popular spots on Steinwehr Avenue is General Pickett's Buffet.
 
You're not ignorant, @5150. It's a pun based on the name of a restaurant at Gettysburg. One of the popular spots on Steinwehr Avenue is General Pickett's Buffet.
Thanks for explaining that, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to someone who lives a 1,000 miles away and are not familiar with and never heard of General Pickett's Buffet.
 
Thanks for explaining that, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to someone who lives a 1,000 miles away and are not familiar with and never heard of General Pickett's Buffet.
Hey Polloco, I guess we're just not in the loop. I have, however, been to Gettysburg a couple times (once for a reenactment which was cool) but we opted for Dobbin House Tavern rather than a buffet.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top