Maryland Soldier

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
Any information on if he was in a Maryland Union, Maryland Confederate or Virgina unit? He holds a flint lock and would thus be considered poorly armed.

Mdiesel

First Sergeant
Any information on if he was in a Maryland Union, Maryland Confederate or Virgina unit? He holds a flint lock and would thus be considered poorly armed.
I know Loundon Park Cemetery pretty well. A National Cemetery is located there with the graves of many Union veterans. The grave stone shown is definitely not in the National Cemetry, & I think the boy is a Rebel. The grave stone could be near or adjacent to "Confederate Hill" but those graves are uniformed in shape as seen below. I think it likely the flintlock may be a photographers prop but That's just a guess... Interesting shirt the boys wearing, don't think I've seen one like that.

image.jpg

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
Mdiesel The newest issue of Military Images magazine, which arrived this week, has an article about battle shirts, many photographs accompany the article. Anyone interest in hunting shirts and battle shirts might want to look the article over. Ron Field wore the article.