Manassas Visit

Johnny676767

Private
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
I had a great day at Manassas today and learned a lot. I'm pretty sure many here already know these two interesting tidbits, but for those that don't, I'd thought I'd post. Here are a few pictures, too. First, is the story of the 84-year old widow Henry who was killed during First Manassas. Second, is one of the earliest monuments. These two locations are right next to one another on the walking tour- I highly recommend it.

66AE65B8-60A3-4663-AB61-49C9BEF0B063.jpeg

B4F48D19-1972-478C-B1D1-EBCD2E93F634.jpeg
31EAE04C-A7B1-4927-9553-7B2710D104A4.jpeg
8AC48A7F-E9E5-40EB-A7BD-2F12D6C76212.jpeg
9A8FBB22-57D8-415A-B154-D1175A3ECBD5.jpeg


386A5973-FC1F-4903-AB43-8CD7DCBB58DB.jpeg
 
I had a great day at Manassas today and learned a lot. I'm pretty sure many here already know these two interesting tidbits, but for those that don't, I'd thought I'd post. Here are a few pictures, too. First, is the story of the 84-year old widow Henry who was killed during First Manassas. Second, is one of the earliest monuments. These two locations are right next to one another on the walking tour- I highly recommend it.

View attachment 395989
View attachment 395990View attachment 395991View attachment 395992View attachment 395994

View attachment 395993
Great pics,@Johnny676767! Thanks!
 
Looks like a great trip.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top