Magazines that presented a more "Southern" view?

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
A few Civil War magazines seemed to have leaned more towards a "Southern" view than other Civil War magazine. For example Virginia Country's Civil War (later named Civil War Quarterly or Virginia Country's Civil War Quarterly) often covered Civil War this way. I am not complaining but wondering if this helped cause the demise of Virginia Country's Civil War magazine.

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
Well you have magazines like the modern Confederate Veteran magazine still going strong if only among SCV members. Not that I'd ever think of recommending it, and I'm pro-Southern. When it comes to historical articles, its worthless outside of a few articles by reputable authors oh maybe once a year. It focuses on Southern legend and some eye-roll inducing myth instead of fact most the time. After the 1990's it went WAY downhill on quality.

I don't know ho many issues I got with the "Confederate Images" section either having pictures of unidentified Union soldiers they say are Confederate, and other that are plainly civilian and way too old to have been serving.

I don't think a CW magazine being pro-Southern would hurt it in the least bit. Considering a lot of factors I would think the South has larger numbers of CW magazine readers.

Lubliner

Captain
Forum Host
A few Civil War magazines seemed to have leaned more towards a "Southern" view than other Civil War magazine. For example Virginia Country's Civil War (later named Civil War Quarterly or Virginia Country's Civil War Quarterly) often covered Civil War this way. I am not complaining but wondering if this helped cause the demise of Virginia Country's Civil War magazine.
It could partly be the 'chip on the shoulder' attitude. These points cans be easily magnified by replacing them with Republican and Democrat editorials. I would think a publisher if allowed, would publish what his own reckoning of the heart would convince him to.
Lubliner.