Lucky day

John Winn

Lt. Colonel
I've long been wanting to get a copy of Charles Jones' book on CW fuses but they're hard to find and - until today - prohibitively expensive. Anyway, I found one, still in the shrink wrap, for sale today for a really decent price. The seller is going to get back to me soon as he was on the road but it looks like I got it. So, I'm excited and my library will be happy to have this one on the shelf. I hope to learn a few factoids also.

The other day I broke down and bought a copy of Jack Melton's new Half Shell book and am really looking forward to seeing that, too.

Anyway, just had to share with some other red stripers; nobody else I know would appreciate the find.

You will like Jack's book.

I don't doubt it. I almost bought it several times but shied away due to the cost. I just heard from the seller of the Jones book and it's a deal.

After getting the lead on the fuse book I just decided I'm all in and can collect some bottles and cans along the highway to pay for it. I have often referred to Jack's web site.

I was honored to be asked to have a shell in Jack's book, to me that is a pretty big deal and I even got two pages. And congratulations on the fuse book.

Jack's new book is well worth it, as @redbob eluded to, Jack left no stone unturned in getting images of half shells. Back in the early days it was a way of getting double if you could show the inside.

Back