Louisiana Easter Traditions

Well, I'm sure that in some Protestant churches across Northern Louisiana, they'll be singing a version of this hymn tomorrow. Which is from an old spiritual, but I grew up in Texas with elaborate versions of spirituals on Easter morning.

What would a Louisiana Easter thread be without music? The Easter Rock is led by a strong lead voice and When the Saints...is probably sung a cappella. So, a version with a female singer.

I had to smile when the song transitioned, it reminded me of when the brass band finishes the 'dirge' during a traditional NO funeral, and the rockin' begins:smile:

BEST Easter thread EVER!! Thank you SO much! Been knocking myself out looking for Easter traditions during the war- or any! We WASPs have been done a great disservice. Best case, standing outside in the snow at 6 a.m. for Sunrise Service. No one yell at me. That may be tradition but it's cold.

Having these traditions shown to us is so valuable, thank you again! Too easy, getting lost in plastic grass, chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. This is Easter, celebrated.

Have one, if off thread. Ours is shooting eggs, after Easter dinner, dessert and er, maybe Easter spirits. Troop on outside, set up the eggs no one will eat anyway and take turns - start with the .22. Larger caliber leave less for the animals albeit more fun.
You people are WILD in Central Pa! I'd love to see that :wink:

Don't know why I didn't look on youtube for Easter Rock videos, but better late than never. Here's one:

Back