Looking for Legit Haversack Patterns

ET83FL

Cadet
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Hello All,

I am looking for assistance/advice in finding authentic haversack patterns, both Federal and Rebel variants.

I was lucky enough to purchase a Federal painted haversack (sewn leather closure strap, no rivet) from the famous Haversack Depot before they closed down years ago.

I'd would like to try my hand at making a new one and I'd prefer not to disassemble the stunning replica I have just to copy the pattern.

Not looking to get into the Sutler business, just need a new creative outlet. While making custom/undocumented "homespun" items with period fabric and construction techniques is fun, I'd like to attempt an exact replica of a government issue item and I figure haversacks would be a good place to start.

My google powers are pretty strong and EoG is great to look at, but I have been unable to find any ironclad patterns for the Federal haversacks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Best Regards,
Eliot T.
 

Learn About Us
►About CivilWarTalk
►Contact the Webmaster
►Meet the Staff
►Link to CivilWarTalk
Join Our Community
►Register
►Browse Forums
►View Today's Discussions
►Search the Forum
Get Help
►FAQ
►Student Guide
►Forum Rules & Etiquette
►Copyright / DMCA

     Contact Us CivilwarTalk on Facebook CivilWarTalk on YouTube CivilWarTalk on Twitter RSS Feed

Bringing the American Civil War and More to Life.
© 1999 - , CIVILWARTALK, LLC - Site Version 10.0

SlaveryTalk.com - SecessionTalk.com - CivilWarTalk.com - ReconstructionTalk.com
Back
Top