Lemon Posset

KianGaf

Sergeant Major
Last edited:
Victorian dinners in New England (and perhaps elsewhere) included lemon sherbet or lemon ice cream to "cleanse the pallet". This sounds like something similar. I'm pretty much with @Pete Longstreet on this--though I draw the line at raw lemons.

I seen a food show on the TV about Italy. On the Amalfi Coast near Naples the lemons are famous. When picked straight from the tree they are supposed to be fantastic when eaten like other fruit. I’d give them a try I’ll skip trying the sorry examples sold in the local grocery stores around here.

Victorian dinners in New England (and perhaps elsewhere) included lemon sherbet or lemon ice cream to "cleanse the pallet". This sounds like something similar. I'm pretty much with @Pete Longstreet on this--though I draw the line at raw lemons.
My friends and I would get kicked out of the after church coffee/tea social hour because we would eat all the lemon slices off the tea tray!

My friends and I would get kicked out of the after church coffee/tea social hour because we would eat all the lemon slices off the tea tray!
Shudder! Were I in charge, I'd be inclined to oust anyone who ate lemon slices! 😂

Back